nav

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kitchen Remodel Day 1

Things have been SUPER busy here!

This is going to be short and sweet because I have to get to studying...

Today was Day 1 of the Kitchen Remodel.

We accomplished a heck of a lot.  After a flooring crisis we decided on Resilient Vinyl that looks like hardwood and Home Depot had a waterproof grade.  We are hoping when this is installed it will look very similar to the dining room's hardwood floor.  We picked up 15 boxes of the flooring and a few other odds and ends at the Depot this morning.

Then when we got home I packed all of the cabinets, stored the boxes downstairs and created a make shift kitchen in the mudroom.  Let me tell you - remodeling with a 3 year old is not fun!  I wish I had two pairs of eyes.

Hubby tore out all of the cabinetry while the boys and I went to a birthday party.  Then when we got home I was greeted with some pretty disgusting floors that were hiding under the rotting cabinets.  There was a substance that looked like sawdust (basically the particle board cabinets eroding) all over the floor and about a pound of it was in the vent!  YUCK!  I mopped up the yuckiness best I could with bleach water.

Tomorrow hubby is tearing up the first layer of linoleum and plywood.

 check out the new light fixture

I think the kitchen looks better this way!


boxes, boxes, boxes...cabinets, appliances, counters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket