nav

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

30 is middle aged?!?

A couple weeks ago we went to Gettysburg to celebrate my brother's 24th birthday.  He is a huge civil war enthusiast and spent the day roaming the battlefields, posing for a tintype and eating at the Springhouse Tavern.  http://www.dobbinhouse.com/

The Springhouse Tavern is a very cool, historically accurate restaurant in the bottom of the Dobbin House.  Unfortunately our sitter could not come early so we were only able to make the meal.  We (hubby and I) got there early and put our party's name on the waiting list and took drinks out to the new garden patio.  I got a hot cider (with spirits) that was very good!

The Springhouse Tavern has mainly sandwiches but they did offer steak (which hubby and I jumped on).  Hey, it isn't every day we get to go out to eat without the boys!  We were not about to waste that opportunity on sandwiches!

During our meal my family was replaying their day which included a gal flirting with my brother in his civil war uniform.  Brother was horrified that parents mentioned this and stated gal was middle aged...she looked like she was 30!  FYI, my 30th b-day is December...ugh!


Brother and his almost "middle-aged" sister, me!

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Photobucket