nav

Monday, November 14, 2011

ode to daddy

 Dear Dad,

Thank you for kicking my butt when I was little - at times you felt like quite the slave-driver.  I did not enjoy washing your truck 3 times (fyi, that is how many times I had to wash it before I showed you to get your seal of approval) and I secretly hate the smell and oily-ness of armoral; I loathed shoveling snow from the quarter mile driveway; I got frostbite putting up Christmas lights and was afraid you were going to fall off the ladder; it was kinda gross helping with that deer; I got loopy painting the porch railings in the attic with mom; I know sawdust does not sweep itself up...and a bunch of other callous-y, achy, annoying and painful memories.

This past week, while priming my new rooms at ten o'clock at night -after working a full day and taking care of the my mommy duties- I realized you were preparing me for the real world (and while I do still hate that tv show I really enjoy life).  You gave me something pretty special by pushing me so much when I was a kid - drive and a hard working nature.  So here it is..................THANK YOU! 
 



2 comments:

  1. Your Dad is a great person all around...both your parents did a great job! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket