nav

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome Home



Well we are finally in and I have a computer!  Thanks to many friends and family the house is clean and safe for my babies.  I learned a lot of things in this move but the most useful tip was how to wash walls.  I thought I knew how to wash a wall, just scrub it down and done...boy was I wrong.  Thanks to Kate's clean wall technique my ugly kitchen is sparkling clean.



Unfortunately even the clean wall technique couldn't help the fact that the cabinets are rotting at the bottom!  I thought the dated fridge and dishwasher would drive me nuts.  The fridge is a side-by-side and I HATE it with a passion but a happy surprise is the dishwasher works great...even better than my newer one at our old house.
The best part of moving was showing the boys their new home, rooms and playroom.  The first time they saw the house was Saturday, moving day.  It was a huge hit!

Boys in the playroom! & Toby's bedroom below.

I have so much to unpack.  We packed in stages, first there was bins in my parent's crawl space (that are now in my basement), then there was the items in the storage unit (that are now in my basement) and last the items in the old house (that have been put away for the most part).  My goal is to decorate the Christmas tree we put up this evening and then tackle the other bins as time allows.  I hope to be completely unpacked by new year's.  Cross your fingers...

Special thanks to all of our many friends and family who helped us so very much!  We are very blessed!




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I LOVE the closet doors in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, Noticed and thought the same thing Megan did! Looks great! Enjoy your new beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket