nav

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Water here, water there, water everywhere!

I have been blessed with a nephew born on my birthday!  What an exciting day!  I was also given a surprise 30th birthday party by my husband and family.  All of those awesome things happened in the span of four days!  Between these huge events I am still trying to unpack and get my Christmas on...it has been interesting.

In between all the wonderful craziness going on in life we are trying to remodel the master bathroom.  Of course this is not without drama.  I worked late yesterday evening and noticed my husband running around grumbling (grumpy mumbling).  While cleaning up in the bathroom he noticed a little puddle of water...  Fast forward a couple hours and we had no working shower or bath.  Hubby had to shower hillbilly style with me handing him pots of water!  I am not as brave but ventured to dear 'ol mom and dad's facilities!  Something went awry with the hot water heater, pipe? and valves.  Andy took a personal day today to fix our issues.

At this point the bathroom is all about bathroom "design".  Not so much design as redesign with fixtures stuck in there places.  We are tiling the floor and around the tub but Andy has been on me about picking out a vanity.  Easier said than done.  We have always wanted a double vanity because we always get ready for bed at the same time.  Unfortunately our options are pretty slim because the opening for the vanity is 58 and half inches and double vanities are around 60 to 72 inches standard.  Yuck!  I have seriously been thinking about doing a his and hers style bath with two separate vanities.  Opinions please! 


I am actually saw these exact vanities and am considering them.  I want to go with a dark finish. BUT I am not wild about the white cabinet in the middle...I think nothing between them would be a much cleaner look.


3 comments:

  1. The first one would be a great option and use the center for a place to apply makeup...put a cute little chair there. I don't like the white cabinet in the second one either...I think if you did that you could find something that seemed to fit better then that...looks like they had it and didn't know where to stick it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the large mirror in the first one...think its looks better then the too smaller individual ones...brings it all together, looks like it has more style

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! me too... the large mirror looks awesome w/ 2 vanities (dont like the 2 small mirrors). you could even put a trash can or hamper in the middle of the vanities.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket