nav

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A change of heart...

We finally ordered a vanity.  I found a company out of California that makes small double vanities, they are called Silkroad and they had a nice selection of under 58" double vanities.  Unfortunately they don't sell directly to the public but many online companies carry their products and I found the cheapest was on ebay.  Hubby actually was worried about the cost and instituted a budget because he was feeling anxious about how expensive vanities are...  this is why I offered to just refinish the existing vanity!  I am secretly celebrating this because I have definitely rubbed off on him!  I have had to give up a lot with this darn bathroom since we are DIY-ing it.  I had to choose a lighter grout because the lines are not perfect and the dark grout would have highlighted any imperfections.  I also had to give up the dark cherry finish for a vanity too...boo!  The one we choose has a light cherry finish but I was willing to give up my dark finish since doors and drawers are important to me.  We decided to go with the double vanity verses the his and hers separate ones because of counter space and storage. 

 
I could have gotten one with a dark mahogany finish but the doors were split down the middle and I think that would have pissed me off because they are not very large to begin with and it had a much more antique look with spindled legs that was too frilly for me.

So here is Andy and AJ's progress thus far with the bathroom...
this is the spot where the vanity will go (in-between the window wall and the shower).  As you can see there really isn't too much room to do the his and hers style anyways unless we used pedestals but this girl needs room for stuff and pedestals look pretty but just aren't functional for me!

the raised shower (this had to be done due to water issues)...
the tub with new tile surround.  I want to get a new faucet and knobs for the soaking tub to match the vanity.


I can't wait to see this bathroom grouted all up!


Special thanks to my grandmother who cleaned the horribly dirty tile floor...how embarrassing!

P.S. Totally thinking about changing the playroom theme to pirate instead of cowboy...that changing table seems like too much work to change!




5 comments:

  1. This would drive me nuts if I had to redo a bathroom in my house! I am sure it's going to look really good when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You had a lot of decisions to make! So far so good though!! That is funny you want to change the theme... I do think the changing table idea would be A LOT of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what you decided about the vanity, got confused as you said you ordered it and offered to refinish the existing one...anyway if its the one pictured...love it. Agree about pedestal sinks..love them but only for a powder room. Are you changing the mirror? Also think the pirate theme would be fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Denise, I ordered the one pictured. I offerred to refinish the existing one to save $ but Andy and I always wanted double sinks so we splurged. Btw, having trouble with a color for the bathroom...what do you think about a cranberry or plum? how do you think that will be with the light cherry wood vanity? I really wanted that dark grout but now I am thinking of putting the dark color on the walls. The bathroom is pretty darn big so I am not worried about shrinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how cranberry or plum would look with the wood...when you get it put a sample to it and see. Although I love those colors, it might be too close to the color family (well at least the cranberry) and not show off the wood tone as much. You've got great taste...I am sure whatever you decide will look great! Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket