nav

Monday, January 17, 2011

busy, busy, busy

Wow have we been busy!

Where to start?  Bathroom madness maybe...

Things are slowly progressing with the master bath.  The shower stall is up and the tile is grouted.

 detail around shower stall (the shower had to be raised due to plumbing issues)

floor


The vanity has been ordered and we hope will be in sometime this week or next...we are having communication issues with the freight company.


I began pirate-izing the playroom and have sketched out a mural on one wall that looks like a treasure map.
my inspiration...


I also have completed the sketch above the changing table to create sails above it as well as the crow's nest.  I also found adorable pirates but am having a hell of a time sketching them so I am seriously thinking about tracing them and laminating them.  That way the boys can play with the pirates on the treasure map and ship.


To refresh your memory...here is a pic of the changing table (I decided NOT to change it into the stagecoach because I am too lazy).




In between all of this I got a bug up my butt to re-do the half bath on the main floor.  It was too freakin' white...seriously the only hint of color in the bathroom was the vanity.  Check out the before pics...
 Boring...

I painted the bathroom with Ace's Your Highness which is a grayish purple (more on the purple side).  Today the boys and I went to BB&B and got accessories...




The towel color maybe too close to the paint color when it is hanging on the wall...we'll have to see...but the rug is a keeper!


I have also been scrambling to find decorations for Jayden's Barney birthday party.  I pretty much had to make everything...the Barney selection sucks!  Also, the Raven's fans bought out all the purple plates and napkins so our colors are purple, green and orange.  All I need to get at this point is a helium tank and a few food items.

poster

cupcake topper (thanks for the info Megs)



As I look out my window it is snowing now...I sure hope the roads are decent for tomorrow.  But here is a good memory of our last snow fall less than a week ago.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... first of all you are not too lazy for the stagecoach. You are too BUSY! I like the pirate ship idea better! Glad you were able to find something at bb&b. LOVE the cupcake topper!

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket