nav

Thursday, August 18, 2011

House Progress...

We have been hard at work on the house.  I am still s-l-o-w-l-y tearing down wallpaper in the dining room.  We visited home depot and planned our kitchen...hoping to purchase that Labor Day (fingers crossed for a sale).

Just prior to leaving for vacation we purchased our 3 windows...$2,000!  That is pretty much the biggest single expense so far.

I checked in with our roofer (to be completed Sept/Oct).  We picked out our propane insert that will take the place of our coal stove which will be on craigslist shortly.

We found furniture for Jayden's room and I found a product I LOVE, called Howard's Restor-a-Finish...check out his dressers, $75 each at Bella Patri's parking lot sale!  Sorry, I don't have before pics but they were in such shabby shape mom thought we'd have to refinish them...this product is awesome you use fine steel wool and smooth it on and then wipe off and seal with Howard's feed-n-wax.  I got a dark walnut for my half bath's vanity and plan to get an oak one for my night stands.  I am in love!




Before vacation Andy installed a new french door!  None to soon...people were getting hurt on the old slider!


 I kicked butt ripping up tile in the family room, pulling up tack strip and staples and taking out the molding!  Yay for me!  Unfortunately this slider leaked so some of the subfloor will need to be replaced.  A window will be replacing this slider.



My father in law is our hero!  He and Andy have worked their bottoms off!  Check out their progress:

 Our first "wall was installed after Toby's party! (Prior Andy had been busy with the duct work and plumbing.)  The opening on the left will be a window and the one on the right will be a door to the mud room!


I came home today to find a second wall!



Our double window will go in this opening...



The mural is done for now...I may add an island or boat between the big palm and the shark fins...





Check out this backpack we got on vacation...love it!

1 comment:

Photobucket