nav

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

School Days...

Toby's preschool graduation is tomorrow and it is also Jayden's last day of mommy and me.

I took time tonight and did something that I enjoy - planned for our summer activities.

My goal is to have a bit of structured time each day I am home with the boys and hubby is at work (about 2-3 days a week).  I would also like to take a field trip each week.


Our rough summer schedule will be:

wake up time
read a book together
discuss book/pretend play
workbook time
outside play
lunch
science experiment - Sid the Science Kid style! OR craft
quiet time
normal afternoon/evening routine

I hope to accomplish two things: 1. Get Toby ready for Kindergarten - especially since he will most likely be the youngest in his class with a birthday two weeks before the cut-off and 2. Prevent Jayden from sliding backwards - he has made so much progress through the infants and toddlers program and his instructional teacher doesn't start up until his preschool begins in September.

I have been working on our summer schedule...but found some awesome back to school freebies online!

  from icanteachmychild.com - I plan on making these for an activity to travel to the beach - especially since our DVD player is broken!  If you subscribe to the website they also have a great e-book about diy kids science experiments.  I also have been working on a busy book for about 2 years I hope to finish pre-vacation for the ride down and I want to make a I Spy jar - where you fill it with sand and other objects and the kids try to find "hidden" objects.

 
printable lunch box notes for Kindergarten from Paper & Pomegranates
I want to check out the other stuff on this site...ran out of time tonight.


and prefilled lunch notes from honey jumble



Notes to School I have grown to love anythingbutperfect.com - I now use the monthly calendars on this site -  and found these cute school notes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket