nav

Friday, November 19, 2010

Cowboy Themed Playroom

I have been wanting to decorate in a cowboy theme since my first son was born.  I finally get to in our new home! 

My inspiration...


I love the Michael Miller fabric and want to incorporate that somehow.  I have always wanted to make the bandannas into curtains.  They will look something like below...but the pic is actually wallpaper at Home Depot!  Should be a cheap window treatment since the bandannas are only $1 at Walmart!

In search for playroom ideas I came across...


I love the idea of using the doorway as a door to a house!  Using this in my cowboy theme I think the doorway inside the playroom will be a general store front!


My secret hope is that hubby will be agreeable to installing the half-swing doors on the doorway...how fun would that be!  We also have a changing table now that my father made that is being used in our current Noah's Ark themed nursery but I'd like to turn it into a stage coach toy box/changing table.


The other inexpensive idea I found that I think my boys will love are these "book racks" from minimalistmommy.com's blog!  I can definitely see my boys using these and being able to put away the books neatly...which is a BIG problem now!



Excited to get started on this project...but first we have some hard-core rehabing to do to the new home!

Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I cannot wait to see it when it is all finished!!! Love the fabric and book racks! The general store idea is adorable! Looks like it is going to be a fun playroom for the boys!!

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket