nav

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 1: Settlement Day

Tasks completed today (right on schedule):

Settle on both homes (selling and buying) 
Cleaned main bath
Buy paint
Rip up carpets (all except hall and stairs)
Wash subfloors
Wash walls that are to be painted


Happy news, didn't cry at settlement and was actually happy for the kid who bought our house.  Kid because he was under 21!  He had a freakin' vertical license still!  He seemed like a nice guy.


Settlement on the new house was a bit crazy but it all worked out.  Closing costs were right where I expected them to be.  The sellers had to get a dumpster to clean out the detached garage so we made use of it with the carpet we tore out of the house!  That worked out awesome, thank you Lord.  No need to bother my brother with going to the dump tomorrow.




This is a picture of the kids playroom (den on first level)...I tore up all the carpet and pad myself.  I kept right up with Dad and Hubby.  I actually kicked Hubby's butt!  (Yes, Dad kicked mine...surprised?)



Surprises so far are limited to the Master Bedroom and closet.  They include (1) a built in gun rack in the walk-in closet complete with 80's style carpet, (2) two ghetto access panels, one of which is to the back of the shower and is covered with mold, (3) evidence of an old leak but luckily no rotten subfloor, and (4) a possibly leaky window in the Master Bedroom.  Also Hubby is not too happy with a lot of the windows throughout the house...he says they are drafty.





This is my big project for tomorrow.  The upstairs hall and steps are the only carpeted areas we kept...the rest was ripped out.  I get to clean this...I am armed with Dyson Orbs, my Oreck vacuum, Aunt Cathy's carpet cleaner, Woolite Pet and Odor Steam Cleaner solution, Nature's Miracle (don't laugh Diane)...wish me luck!  We tracked in so much mud since it was raining they are in even worse shape than here...yikes!

Special thank you to both Dads (Hubby's for spackling and tearing down the border in the playroom and mine for ripping up the carpet), Mom for watching the boys, and AJ who did a little bit of everything.




Blogger Templates


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You did a lot in just one day! I am glad you are putting all this on your blog since I know you don't have the time to be chatting!! Looks like everything is going great so far!!!! SO happy for you and the fam! Wish I could be there to help or to waddle around and pretend I am helping!

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket